Historic Kilmun are delighted to announce 3 days of fascinating workshops by North Yorkshire’s Heritage Crafts Alliance, perfect for both professionals and interested amateurs. Workshops run from the 10th-12th January and are Completely Free!
Location: Friday 10th, Community Education, Edward Street, Dunoon
Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th, Guide Hall, 164 Victoria Road
Day 1: Dealing with Damp
Timber repair in traditional and historic buildings, and how to overcoming problems of damp in masonry.
- Causes of damp
- Identifying the effects of damp
- Methods of curing damp
Days 2 & 3: Lime Mortars and Plasters
- What is building lime?
- How to choose the right materials
- Mixing mortars and plasters (hands on!)
- Repairing brick and stone with lime
- Pointing with lime (hands on!)
- Plastering with lime (hands on!)
For further details, or if you would like to book a place on one, two, or all three of the days, please contact: Fiona Lochhead, Events Co-ordinator, Historic Kilmun, Tel: 07501 764 059