- Got a great idea for a project to inspire your community?
- Want to involve local people working together to tackle a problem?
- Know what you want to do but need some money to make it happen?
The People’s Millions could be the answer!
The Big Lottery Fund and ITV are looking for new projects that will improve local places and the lives of people in your community.
In November 2014 ITV regional news will feature two great project ideas in each region each night for three nights, competing for viewers’ phone votes. At stake is up to £50,000 from the Big Lottery Fund.
To have a chance of winning you’ll need to inspire local people to get involved with your project. It’ll also need to capture the public’s imagination and persuade them to vote for you.
We have £3.8 million to give out. We expect to make four awards in each ITV region.
Who can enter?
- You can enter if you’re a voluntary or community organisation, school, local authority or health body.
- We’ll also consider entries from branches of organisations or partnerships.
- But we won’t accept entries from other organisations or individuals.
How much is available?
- You can ask for between £20,000 and £50,000 (including VAT).
What will we pay for?
- We can pay for all your project costs.
- Or you can ask us to pay for part of a larger project.
- If you’re a voluntary or community organisation, we’ll also contribute towards your organisation’s overheads.
- But the amount you ask us for must be at least half the total cost of your project.
- And we won’t pay for your existing work, anything you spend or agree to before the phone vote, or new buildings.
What else do I need to know?
- We’ll only consider one application per organisation.
- If you want to work on land or a building and you don’t own the freehold, you must get a lease or written permission for five years.
What are the key dates? *
- 12 Noon on 16 May 2014* – Deadline for entries.
- 24 – 26 November 2014* – Shortlisted entries go head-to-head on ITV regional news.
- 31 March 2015* – Latest date for winning projects to start work.
- 31 December 2015* – Date when winning projects must be finished.
* Dates may be subject to change