Welcome! Fyne Families is a childcare charity based in Lochgilphead serving the Mid Argyll area in the West of Scotland. Our purpose is to support families and to provide good quality play and learning experiences for children, from babies and toddlers right up to Primary 7 age. We do this through our three member organisations, which each provide different services thereby meeting the needs of a wide range of children and families in the Mid Argyll area:
- Elfs provides preschool play and learning through our Baby & Toddler Group and Toy Library
- Lochgilphead After School Club provides after school and holiday care for primary age children
- Duncholgan Family Centre provides on-site support at Duncholgan Travellers Site near Lochgilphead for traveller families through a playgroup and after school club
Fyne Families is a charitable company owned and run by a voluntary committee made up of parents and carers of the children who attend the different services, so you can be sure that we always have the best interests of the children at heart, because they are our own! Parents and carers have the opportunity to stand for election onto the Board of Directors, which provides overall vision and management for all the groups. In fact we would encourage you to get involved as parental support is vital to the success of the organisation and we always welcome fresh ideas and input!
Fyne Families came into existence in 2007, when the volunteer committees running Elfs, Lochgilphead After School Club and Duncholgan Family Centre joined together under the management of the parent-run Fyne Families Board of Directors. We have a participation strategy to encourage involvement from parents and carers by giving them the opportunity to take a share in the work, fun and responsibility by:
- Encouraging them to attend any session.
- Helping with fundraising or other special events
- Sharing their skills with the group
- Joining the Board of Directors
The Board of Directors hold meetings usually every six weeks and an Annual General Meeting at the end of the year. At present the office bearers are:
Chair: Laura Beaton
Secretary: Gaye Boyd
Board Members: Mary Stewart
Fyne Families is a company limited by guarantee (Company Number 302932) and a registered charity (SC037443), having its registered office at the Community Centre, Manse Brae, Lochgilphead, Argyll PA31 8QX.
If you have any questions about any of our services please do not hesitate to get in touch by emailing Jo, Fyne Families Admin Assistant at email@example.com.